question

peternielsen avatar image
peternielsen asked

Help, i need somebody to review my installation diagram.

Hi,

I'd like to purchase a Multiplus II together with 2 smartsolar chargers. I have a PV array and a battery and a stable Grid connection.

I want to setup the system so that i consume all the energy i can and then either stop feeding back to the grid or feedback to the grid. I am allowed to do this here in Denmark since the multi just got approved here. I would also like to be able to power some things when in rare occasion there is a power outage.

1. So this means the Multi will feed power on AC IN when it measures there is consumption on the Energy Meter correct ? I mean the Multi gets usage data from the energy meter on 3 phases but itself it can only produce on the phase it's connected, the utility meter will even this out so +1kwh on L1 and -1kwh on L2 gives 0kwh usage.
  2. When LOM is detected it will shutdown on AC IN and produce on AC OUT 1 where i have my loads that i want to keep running from battery, i presume these loads also run while LOM is not detected as i can see the AC IN and AC OUT 1 is connected while there is AC IN correct ?
  3. What is this system called, as far as i can tell this is Grid Parallel with ESS ?
  4. What happens to the loads on AC OUT 1 when i shut off the inverter for maintenance ? They shut off correct ?
  5. Should the AC IN go into a RCCB that makes sure all power produced in the inverter is protected ? I do have a RCCB but now power is produced inside the system and the RCCB won't trip if something happens. Do you agree ?
  6. If i have loads on AC OUT 1 i guess i also need a RCCB there too correct ?

I have spent much time reading and looking on diagrams and came down to this questions which i hope will answer my questions so i can finalize my diagram and get it reviewed. I have attached a drawing how i think the system should be wired. The part that i am most unsure about is the requirements for the RCBO and of-course the questions i have above.

/peter

solardrawing.jpg

Multiplus-IIESS
solar-v3.jpg (1.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @peternielsen,

Complex systems plans such as this should be professionally reviewed by a local electrician licensed in your particular jurisdiction to advise with regard to the electrical codes and requirements in your area.

While the Community is a great knowledge base for Victron owners, per the Community Guidelines, this really isn't the place for schematic review or system design, as those questions are matters of life or death and must accordingly be asked of a licensed professional.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Hi Peter

I have replied to some of these items on your post on the Facebook group but allow me to echo Justin's recommendation - especially with respect the your latter questions about the AC wiring and the RCCB and RCBO as that will depend a great deal on local electrical standards.

Warwick

2 |3000