question

fiddlinmike-b avatar image
fiddlinmike-b asked

75/10 controller will not pair to iOS with Bluetooth

I paired my MPPT 75/10 a year ago with no problem to my previous iPhone, Now it will not pair with Bluetooth to my new one. When I call up the VictronConnect app, I see the icon for my unit, though it may be greyed out. I tap the refresh button and nothing changes. I tap the icon for my 75/10 and get the message that the Bluetooth is busy - the unit may already be connected to another Bluetooth device. I know it is not - there are no other devices nearby.

I noticed that if I attempt to see the 75/10 in the available Bluetooth devices on my iOS settings on the iPhone, it does not appear (nor on any other iOS device I bring near). I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, disconnected the trailer battery and removed the 75/10’s fuse to disconnect it from the panels (I assume) - all lights off. Still nothing same problem.

My app, even the reinstalled one, comes back with my original 75/10 showing, but issues the same warning about another Bluetooth device connected and my iPhone does not see it as an available device. It appears to me the unit is not sending a Bluetooth signal at all.

I never get an opportunity to start all over, with a new 000000 code. Any ideas?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rodneyab avatar image
rodneyab answered ·

Interesting. I think you may need to disconnect power, battery and solar, then start over attempting to 'pair' the MPPT to the iPhone

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fiddlinmike-b avatar image fiddlinmike-b commented ·

Fixed! I disconnected the four wires (battery and panels) from the controller, waited a few minutes and hooked them back up. Then the VictronConnect app found the controller and all is well.

0 Likes 0 ·
rodneyab avatar image
rodneyab answered ·

in settings on your iPhone you can "forget" this device. have your device PUK code, on device list, press the three dot and bring up the 'reset pin' window, type in your PUK, press done, then return to device list and select your device, you should get a window 'request pairing'....press "pair"

you should now have your iPhone and device 'paired' and functioning

1 comment
2 |3000

fiddlinmike-b avatar image fiddlinmike-b commented ·

Thanks for responding! One problem I have, and this may be the main problem, is that my iPhone does not see the 75/10 as one of the available devices at all. I “forgot” it once. Now it can’t see it.

The app shows an icon for the 75/10, but it appears to be greyed out. If I click that anyway I get the message that the device is connected elsewhere to Bluetooth, and that’s impossible.

0 Likes 0 ·