question

jefndeb avatar image
jefndeb asked

Multiplus Charger jumps to 15 volts randomly?

Hello from Savanah Ga.....

I have randomly seen this charger go up to 15 Volts and slowly drop back down ....not sure why...and I of course receive "High Voltage Alarms" (set at 14.6)

I understand that AGM batteries are sensitive to being over charged so I was reading up on this...and the 15 volts was concerning....

Thanks for any suggestions....I installed this 2 weeks ago and am still learning..

I attached schematics for refence.

screenshot-2020-11-06-220525.jpg

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would check the settings for the MPPT and the multiplus and make sure they are set correctly. and also check any other charging source ie engine alternator etc etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jefndeb avatar image
jefndeb answered ·

Sorry, I should have mentioned the MPPT was only installed for future solar install. its not currently connected...

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Has voltage compensation for the multi been set up correctly at the battery posts?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic