question

bart avatar image
bart asked

Multiplus overheating

I run a 5k multiplus in ess mode, with 5kW AC coupled solar and 3.6 kW DC solar. Lately I see frequent overheat events in the afternoon on the VRM portal (the unit doesn't turn off). This seems to happen when the batteries (800Ah / 48v) are nearly full, and is not related to inverter load, and in the afternoons most AC solar go's in the grid, while DC solar tend to be low wattage as these panels get mourning sun.

The internal fans don't run during the overheat events, while they do run in the evenings when the inverter comes under load. Last year this overheating never happened, any help?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

Sorry that no one has been able to answer your wuestion sooner. Its a difficult one to answer without looking into it in more detail.

If still there is not enough help here, and the problem resides, then I recommend to go for official support, see the support page on our website.

And make sure that all the firmware and assistants are updated to the latest version. Updating the MultiPlus is not straightforward (all settings are lost) and requires special equipment (mk3-usb): consider asking your installer to do that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic