question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Multiplus-II "Charge only" ?

Hi,

is there a setting that allows the Multiplus-22 (+VenusGX) to only charge my Pylontechs but not discharge them at all.....so that any grid power going back would be charged to the batteries but if any power is requrired from the grid it would take it and the Multiplus would not act as an inverter.

Thanks,

Norbert

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
marv21 avatar image
marv21 answered ·

You mean always full Batterys?

Yes, this is possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

no i mean that the multiplus II does charge the overproduced Solar power (to set the overall power from the Modubs Meter to ZERO) BUT does not start the inverter at all.

So it would increase SOC day by day until it reaches 100% some day.

Long story short, the inverter functionality of the Multiplus would be OFF. Ideally i would love to send MQTT statements that fulfill this feature to turn on/off via MQTT. Thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

marv21 avatar image marv21 commented ·

Thats possible. You can complete remote controll via MQTT

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @njordan

you can limit the inverter power in the ESS settings menu.

2 |3000

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

OK Thanks - that was the "solution" that i came up with - but i thought that there is a switch/flag that turns on off the inverter. Zero Watt would be the same i guess.

I never did this, but is it also possible to write to VenusGX via MQTT so i can set parameters, how would i do that?...what is the MQTT subject,....THANKS

1 comment
2 |3000

marv21 avatar image marv21 commented ·

Did you missed my answer?

0 Likes 0 ·
marv21 avatar image
marv21 answered ·

Hello @njordan it seems to me you missed my answer 3 days ago. Look in the Comments :

Thats possible. You can complete remote controll via MQTT

marv21 marv21 · vor 3 Tage

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic