question

mrcc11 avatar image
mrcc11 asked

Blue Solar 100/50 Low Watts

I have 4 370 Watt Rec panel in series parallel going to Blue Solar 100/50 CC. I am only getting 950-1000 watts. I am in bulk with significant load and lithium batteries. Full sun, no shade, not to hot. Both strings are about 500 watts and similar voltage. The controller seems pretty warm in the 100-107 degree range. Could I have a faulty controller? Can this be a wiring issue considering both strings are same wattage?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mrcc11

What voltage system are you running?

If it is 12v then your mppt will be able to produce at max 50a x 12v = 600W. It does not matter how many panels you attach the charge controller is limited to 50A output max. If 24v then max 1200w or so. If this is the case then we need to dig deeper and find out what is going on.

Charge controllers do get quite warm that is why they need to be installed where there is good air flow.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrcc11 avatar image
mrcc11 answered ·

Its 24 volt. I believe I had some loose mc4s. How close to Vmpp should I be? I thin there is significant loss in the line. Mc4 s always give me hard time

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@mrcc11

Check your VOC in good sun. Not connected to your mppt.

If you do have bad or high resistance connections then you will have losses.

Heat is also an issue. Check heat at connections and the mppt itself.bIf you have direct sun your panels may be getting hot and efficiency drops fast after 25°C. 1000w is fairly decent though. I hardly ever see full yeilds out of our arrays.

0 Likes 0 ·