question

tmartin000 avatar image
tmartin000 asked

Rv and Air conditioner, via Multi pass or wire around it?

I cannot see using the Multi pass to create 120v vs a small portable generator. Am I overthink this? Both CAN provide enough current, but I only can fit 4-105AH batteries. I am completing an install in a truck camper with a single 11000BTU A/C.

What do you guys do?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tmartin000 avatar image tmartin000 commented ·

To narrow the scope of my question, I’m trying to decide how to get power around the multi 3000 (or not) and simply feed my roof AC. Is that where the second output comes into play or do I need to just let the multi take in shore and let things ride?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
nick-peck avatar image
nick-peck answered ·

using the ac out 2 would be your best bet. only works when you have shore/generator power and allows any extra power being generated to go to the batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tunapower avatar image
tunapower answered ·

Hello.

I’ve just done a similar install. It works really well. the previous power system was done really poorly and wasn’t able to run the A/C

We built a system that can run a twin head split system A/c on the bus power system.
we only had a 500ah (SLA) 24v battery bank. 5000w multiplus.

We upgraded the alternator to a 170a 24v.

When the bus is at idle we can run one a/c head unit. When your driving you can pull up to 120a. Plenty to run the aircons.
when your parked we have a backup generator. As we don’t have much power reserve.

If your talking 400ah lithium’s you’re should have plenty to run all night.

2 |3000

tmartin000 avatar image
tmartin000 answered ·

In the US we don’t really have split systems in a truck camper. Thanks for sharing your knowledge about your install.

To narrow the scope of my question, I’m trying to decide how to get power around the multi 3000 (or not) and simply feed my roof AC. Is that where the second output comes into play or do I need to just let the multi take in shore and let things ride?

2 |3000