question

jimduchek avatar image
jimduchek asked

Unknown VE.direct HEX registers 0xEDB4-6

I am seeing regular communication (during the day/charging) with information on registers 0xEDB4, 0xEDB5, and 0xEDB6 from a BlueSolar 250V/100A These are not covered in any documentation I can find. Any idea what they are?

In addition, I have seen (though not regularly) updates on 0x2005 and 0xEE12 and those are not covered in any documentation either.

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
heikoffm avatar image
heikoffm answered ·

I also have no clue what the rest are for, but 0x2005 is covered in victron's "BlueSolar HEX protocol - public" document as "Switch bank status" in the section "Remote control registers".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heikoffm avatar image
heikoffm answered ·

Okay, just rechecked with the newest document version (Rev. 10). The 0x2005 is no longer in there. I had the info from Rev. 7.

2 |3000

jimduchek avatar image
jimduchek answered ·

I guess it would not surprise me if the others are deprecated registers as well. Still, the documentation ought to _list_ deprecated registers if modern firmware is still going to send them.

2 |3000

Related Resources