question

tobex avatar image
tobex asked

Yuasa L36 EFB 100Ah and BMV-712 + MPPT 75/15 settings?

Hello, in my LR defender i have two yuasa L36 batteries separated by CYRIX CT, one as starter and one as leisure battery.

I'm looking for help of someone more experienced with similar setup, I would like to optimize battery life and performance. Please, take a look at my setting and tell me if there is something wrong.

System works ok, but maybe it can have some tweaks.
My second question is, should i disable solar charge while car is in storage for longer periods of time?

Thx,

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there mate I have the same batteries and I contacted yuasa technical directly who informed me the following

L36-EFB

Float voltage 13.65volts

Absorption voltage 14.4volts

Max charge current per battery is 7amps

hope this helps mate I have the emails from Yuasa if you need them thanks david

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tobex avatar image tobex commented ·

Have been using them for some time without any issues. But after some research, dropped charged voltage to 12.8V. Turned off equalization

Right now I'm using victron smart charger to tender my hotel battery while parked, and it thanks to cyrix charges my starter battery also. But have no clue if it's good idea or should i keep them disconnected from each other while charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

2 |3000

ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Also check the victron BMV-712 video, it shows the best way to setup the system also just to be sure, these batteries like to be as full as possible according to my email exchange with Yuasa.

Hope this helps thanks david

2 |3000

ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

I have went for 14.4v for equalisation but I have asked Yuasa if these batteries require it periodically, they couldnt answer that question tho. I must admit I was surprised at the reply, I went for 14.4v just to save over voltage gassing causing premature loss of fluid hence will shorten the battery life.

2 |3000