question

palle avatar image
palle asked

Limiter for absoption voltage

I have a question about absorption voltage.

My question I about MultiPlus.

In VE Configure I can change the Temperature compensation. If I set the compensation to -15.6 mV/deg, I will get a maximum abs. voltage at 15.5V. This is what my battery supplier recommends, as max abs. voltage. (Tudor/EXIDE TR350/ER350, lead acid) But they also recommend me to set the temperature compensation for -30mV/deg.

Their reason for a max abs voltage around 15,5 is that equipment in the boat can be damage with higher voltage.

So, to my question: Is it possible to change the max abs. voltage after temperature compensation, or just put a limit. I still want 14.8 V at 25 deg.

I just remember that this, also applies to my SmartSolar 75/15, but this is in another boat. (But same battery)

battery system voltage
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Post a link to your battery in english plz..

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Temperature compensation is centered at 25c, no need for any further voltage adjustment.

temp-comp.png (53.9 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

palle avatar image palle commented ·

Thanks for the awnser. But I think that i know how it works. My problem is, that i think that in coold climat I overload my battery. As an example: When the temperature goes down to zero I will get around 16.5 V, if i have temperature compensation on -30mV/deg.

-30mV/ deg is what the batery manyfacture recomends, but they also recomend that you not go over 15,5 degrees. Over 15.5 is beccause of the risk for the electrical equipment in the boat.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ palle commented ·

When the temperature goes down to zero I will get around 16.5 V

Does not compute.... Just check whether you are using Centigrade, or Fahrenheit.

30mv x 25 = 0.75v

14.8v + 0.75v = 15.55v @0c. For a 12v battery @ absorb volts.

0 Likes 0 ·
palle avatar image palle klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Sorry, my bad. It shoulden't be 16.5 I ment around 15.5 V. If the temperature goes below zero I wil get higher voltage than 15.5. If it gets as coold as -15 degC. I vill get 16 V.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ palle commented ·

bump......

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic