question

Pierre avatar image
Pierre asked

Genset with 5 wires

Good day, I have a Quatro and a genset with 5 wires on the linking cable. The installer connected and tested and said everything works fine, but I noticed that the controller light stays on (like being switched on). This should only happen when the genset has to start. Any help will be appreciated.

Generator
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pierre avatar image Pierre commented ·

This is the wires which must be connected to the Quatro

0 Likes 0 ·
1603776277584.png (1015.1 KiB)
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus Pierre commented ·

Can you give more detail on your system, and what the installer did.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @smitfamily

it could be an issue, as it might drain your generator starter battery... but you can verify this by checking how much current is being drawn, or disconnecting the starter battery and seeing if the controller light is still on. I cant comment on the setup without more details on what the wires do and what the installer did.

regards Ewald

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pierre avatar image
Pierre answered ·

Problem solved. Using the chinese setup that was in the previous ATS and only using the auto / manual wire on the unit. Cannot beleive that we battled so much.

2 |3000