question

jimbtv avatar image
jimbtv asked

Multiplus Tripping When Using Inverter

I am running a MultiPlus 12/3000 with 200 aH LiFePo batteries. Charging and battery use has been fine. I also have a CCGX for monitoring and use VRM. Whether on shore power or batteries the Multiplus trips, shuts down, then restarts when pulling even the most modest load from the inverter. I am at a bit of a loss as how to even diagnose the problem and was wondering if the Multi or CCGX provided any event logging.

Below are some screen shots of the Multi programming:

Multiplus-II
charger.jpg (96.9 KiB)
general.jpg (88.0 KiB)
grid.jpg (81.7 KiB)
inverter.jpg (91.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

@jimbtv, one possible cause is voltage drop between the inverter and load. If it's excessive the Multiplus will drop out because it is fact overloaded. This could be caused inadequate cable size, faulty design or by a bad connection. A bad connection somewhere between the inverter and the load is the most common problem.

Do you have a clamp meter? What is the amperage draw at the inverter output?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jimbtv avatar image jimbtv commented ·

Hello Mike and thanks for the response. I do have a clamp meter and I can also log the voltage. Let me start there and I'll report the results here.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-g avatar image mike-g jimbtv commented ·

I should add that undersized cables or a poor connection on the DC feeder side can also cause the same problem that you're having.

0 Likes 0 ·