question

chrisawp avatar image
chrisawp asked

Multiplus-II all lights on, but normal operation

We have a Multiplus-II configured as battery backup only (no solar connected). All lights are solid on the inverter unit, no problems with the operation of the inverter as it does what it needs to do when the grid is available or not.

To try and solve this the firmware has been updated from an older to newer (newer V476), problem still persisits.

Funny thing, when the inverter is completely disconnect from all power sources and reconnected then it starts off with no lights on, first light turning solid is temperature and fills up all the way with "mains on" as the last light to come on and be solid (takes 5-10mins more or less per light). Again no problems with the operation.

Ideas?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Funny behavior.
Maybe a loose/defective ribbon cable from the main PCB to the LEDs?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisawp avatar image chrisawp commented ·

Possibly! Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Has it ever worked properly?

The behaviour you describe is what happens when the ribbon cable to the LEDS is reversed.

This should not normally ever happen, as it’s tested in the factory, and there are no normal reasons for the cover to be removed (except maybe fan replacement?)

2 comments
2 |3000

chrisawp avatar image chrisawp commented ·

Hi Guy, the lights were like this from the start (so no, from the moment it was first installed a couple of months ago). Nothing was opened for maintenance etc.

But as I mentioned, operation of the inverter is 100%.

I will send it in to our supplier, would rather not fiddle ourselves? Thanks for the info.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ chrisawp commented ·

Sending to the supplier would be the recommended thing to do. Customers are not ever advised to open that part of the unit.

The first thing I would do if this unit was on my service bench would be to rotate the LED cable that connects into the back of the LED board around. That should resolve the issue.

1 Like 1 ·