question

aqua-volta avatar image
aqua-volta asked

Mijn Multigrid 2 48v 3000 should be able to produce an outputpower of 2400 watt. At 25 Celcius and colder my Multigrid is producing a maximum of 2250 watts. Why is this?u

Mijn Multigrid 2 48v 3000 should be able to produce an outputpower of 2400 watt. At 25 Celcius and colder my Multigrid is producing a maximum of 2250 watts. Why is this?

And what kind of configuration is necessary to produce the maximum of 3000 watts. The multigrid is build into my boat and I can use my boat now as a powerbank for my solarpanels. The boat builder says it is not possibel to have an output power of 3000 watts

multigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Aqua volta

It could be a few factors, my first guess would be either the type of load you are trying to run (which may not have an ideal power factor).

Or a reduction in battery voltage under that heavy load, which increases the current required to supply the same amount of power.

If you would like to know more about both of those electrical concepts, please have a read of this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf

It would also be a good idea to ask your installer to explain it to you, as they would have more information about the limitations of the whole system (such as battery discharge current limits) or some other variable. I presume also they designed the system, and specified the equipment required to power the loads that you want to run.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aqua-volta avatar image aqua-volta commented ·

Thanks for answering. I don't understand the meaning of 'type of load' The current goes bij a connecting cable at 220 V.

The battery is lithium and has 56,8 volts at 80% load.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ aqua-volta commented ·

There is some more explanation about type of load in chapter 6.3 - System current VA and Watt of the Wiring Unlimited Book.

What is the load that you are trying to run that you are unable to with your system?

Have you spoken to your installer yet about more information?

0 Likes 0 ·
aqua-volta avatar image aqua-volta Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

My installer does not have time to elaborate on this. I had hoped to be able to supply around 3000 watts back to our houseboat. Then I hardly have to use electricity from the grid anymore. According to the installer, I could feed back 2450 watts in my setup. But for unclear reasons I only get 2250 watts.
0 Likes 0 ·
aqua-volta avatar image aqua-volta Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

in addition .... I determine the 2250 watts maximum supplied back to the houseboat by checking the overview screen of the color control at battery, that when there is a high demand on the houseboat, a maximum of 2250 watts goes out towards the multigrid. The multigrid will probably supplies even less than that, due to heat loss and his own use.

Apart from the solar panels during the day, no other power sources than the public grid are connected to the color control and the multigrid 2 3000.

0 Likes 0 ·
aqua-volta avatar image
aqua-volta answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

1. My installer does not have time to elaborate on this. I had hoped to be able to supply around 3000 watts back to our houseboat. Then I hardly have to use electricity from the grid anymore. According to the installer, I could feed back 2450 watts in my setup. But for unclear reasons I only get 2250 watts.

in addition .... I determine the 2250 watts maximum supplied back to the houseboat by checking the overview screen of the color control at battery, that when there is a high demand on the houseboat, a maximum of 2250 watts goes out towards the multigrid. The multigrid will probably supplies even less than that, due to heat loss and his own use.

Apart from the solar panels during the day, no other power sources than the public grid are connected to the color control and the multigrid 2 3000.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic