question

maximoney1 avatar image
maximoney1 asked

Is this normal condition for a new multiplus unit?

Having purchased a new multiplus 24/3000/70-16, i have immediately noticed a scorch (arc) mark on a positive battery terminal and also screw marks on the paintwork as though the unit has already been mounted to a wall or such. Should a new unit look like this from factory testing or have i been conned?

Thanks for any opinions offered.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dan3i avatar image
dan3i answered ·

My guess would be no...not normal.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

freesurfer avatar image
freesurfer answered ·

Mine did not have any screw marks, and the terminal nuts were all shiny with no scorch or signs of having ever been tightened with a tool

My unit came in an original blue victron cardboard box with the opening secured with copper staples which would be near impossible to open without leaving marks. Chances are your unit was reviewed by some other customer who returned it and it was restocked as new.

In my opinion your dealer should have labelled it as such and offered a discount.

1 comment
2 |3000

maximoney1 avatar image maximoney1 commented ·

Thanks. The packaging wasn't stapled, just bound by easy peel tape, but the packaging did look new. It was sold however as new (but old stock -not used) at a discount.

I hate being conned.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @maximoney1

No this is not normal. Please contact your dealer about it.

1 comment
2 |3000

maximoney1 avatar image maximoney1 commented ·

Thanks, this lets me discuss the situation with the supplier, without being fobbed off with excuses.

0 Likes 0 ·