question

Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether asked

Multiplus and Weak AC

Hi!
I am considering buying a new generator for my off-grid cabin and I wonder if anybody here can recommend a generator that works without turning on weak AC in the Multiplus. I have had two generators and both needed weak AC to be turned on in the multiplus resulting in lower than max charging current. My brother has an expensive Westerbeke "analog" generator and he must also turn on weak AC. A friend of mine has a Honda generator and he must turn it on as well.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Have you had a look at these articles yet?

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2017/11/27/the-trouble-with-generators/

The below link is linked within the above article, but here it is anyway:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether commented ·

Yes I have read those articles and they explain what to do when the Multi does not accept generator power. That was not my question ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The Fisher Panda range are tested and supported.

I haven’t had to enable weak AC for Honda, Disabling the UPS setting is usually enough. Same for the Pramac range.

1 comment
2 |3000

pauldeegan avatar image pauldeegan commented ·
Guy, what commercial sized generators are supported or work well without Weak AC selected. I am thinking size single phase 10 - 15kVA
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I Also haven’t had to enable weak AC or disable UPS with Onon,Northern Lights,Fisher Panda, Kohler, Parugo Generators, this is on 220 volt Multiplus and or Quatros

2 |3000