question

hansbaer avatar image
hansbaer asked

Maximum charge current limited with Multiplus II 5k + 3 x Pylontech US3000 in ESS

Hi all,

I have installed an ESS with a MPII and 3x Pylontech US3000 (10,5kWh).

I have set the maximum charge power to 70A and I remember, that in the beginning this worked fine.

A few weeks ago, I changed from 70A to 30A to save the battery - now, i wanted to go back to 70A, but whatever I configure in MPII or cerbo GX, the maximum charge power remains at 50A.

does anybody has an idea?

regards,
Thomas

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
perma-batteries avatar image
perma-batteries answered ·

The maximum charge current (CCL) is given by the BMS of the Pylons, and is dynamically adjusted as a function of temperature, and applied throughout the system by the DVCC mode, and you can't change it regardless of the parameters applied in the Multi via VE.Configure :

To see the current parameters being used by the Pylons, go to device list --> pylontech --> parameters. If it has been lowered to 50A, must be a good reason (temperature derating most of the time).

1603114017039.png (36.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hansbaer avatar image hansbaer commented ·

yes it is AC Connected to AC IN1.

the parametere are like this:

so, something other is limiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
1603185751686.png (21.1 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Have you tried to use the "Keep Batteries Charged" mode in the ESS menu of the GX device when the batteries are flat to see how much the Multi will pull from the grid?

You may now just be solar constrained on the phase the Multi is connected to. You don't mention the charge source, I presume it is AC connected solar.

2 |3000