question

Mikael avatar image
Mikael asked

MultiPlus II and charging two batteries

Hi.

I am planning to buy a MultiPlus II with BYD B-Box to use off-grid with solar. I want to charge a second 12v removable battery to be used with our electric boot-engine.

In the manual for MultiPlus II it states “2.3.4 Two DC outputs for charging two batteries” I can’t see any information how the second battery should be connected and how any setting that can be made for it, like when it should be charged and what type of battery. It there any more information about this?

Regards
Mikael

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

From what I underdstand, the MultiPlus II does not support charging a second battery. This is the same for the other 48V versions of MultiPlus / MultiGrid.

I think that section is slightly confusing and should perhaps be removed from the specific MultiPlus II manual, but it is still correct. The MultiPlus II is only available in a 48V version and the second battery option is not available on any 48V MultiPlus, only available on 12V and 24V versions.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mikael avatar image Mikael commented ·

To bad had been a nice feature to use for what I wanted.

0 Likes 0 ·