question

Les Rollins avatar image
Les Rollins asked

What is the best setting to use with a generator

I am currently using a victron inverter charger 12 / 3000 / 120. What setting do I need to use for a generator Fixed, adaptive, adaptive and battery safe and do I need to choose the ups feature. Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Les Rollins avatar image
Les Rollins answered ·
  • It doesn't say which settings to use fixed, adaptive, adaptive and battery safe whilst only using a generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Because this are settings for the charger and this have nothing to do with the AC input of the generator.
This settings depends on what batteries you have and how you want to charge/use them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Les Rollins avatar image
Les Rollins answered ·

I have 6 x trojan 6v batteries wired to enable 12v. I am totally off grid so for charging I use solar, generator, and boat engine as I live on a narrowboat

2 |3000