question

hoeken avatar image
hoeken asked

Multiplus / Quattro Charge and Invert Separately?

Hello, I'm looking at installing a LiFePo4 system with Multiplus charger/inverters on my boat and I want to make it as voltage/frequency agnostic as possible. It seems that converting to a standard boat voltage of 230v is fairly straightforward, but it appears that the Multiplus output frequency will follow the A/C input frequency. Since some of the A/C consumers on the boat require a particular frequency, this might be a problem.

Is it possible to set the Multiplus or Quattro to only charge with A/C power input (no pass through) and only invert with power from the battery? Or would this require a dedicated charger?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No that is not possible because the same transformer that is used for inverting is also used for charging.

In such cases you may use a Phoenix Inverter and a Centaur/Phoenix Charger.

mp.png (123.0 KiB)
qua.png (142.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaywolfe avatar image jaywolfe commented ·

Hi. Sorry to comment here but i didn't think this warranted a stand alone question.

In the event of power assist when my 120 60 htz quattro is supplied with 120v 50 htz shore power the output is 50htz.

When power assist kicks in the output transfers to 60htz.

We have no free sensitive equipment so isn't a problem.

Will this damage the quattro should I turn off power assist to prevent a problem ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ jaywolfe commented ·

If you don't need 60Hz you should change the output frequency of the Quattro to 50Hz.

0 Likes 0 ·