question

Lyndsay Cotton avatar image
Lyndsay Cotton asked

MULTIPLUS II - AC1out & AC2out

Hello All,

Question ONE

Please assist me in an answer regarding the two AC outputs on the Multiplus II

I cannot find a definitive answer to my question

An installation would have a Multiplus II, PV, SmartSolar controller and Grid connection

This is the way I understand it:

AC1

AC1 supplies critical loads. These critical loads will be supplied by:

a. PV

b. Battery

c. Grid

... and irrespective of Grid being live or not (ie no break) unless there is no PV and battery has discharged.

AC2

AC2 supplies NON critical loads

AC2 is disconnected should the Grid fail

AC2 WILL supply loads from PV should PV be present, alternatively, from the Grid

AC2 WILL NOT supply loads from Battery

Please assist me and also point me to literature on this. Possibly I have not searched well enough.

Question TWO

The maximum throughput current on a Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 is 50A

Is the 50A SPLIT between AC1 and AC2

or is it balanced to a maximum of 50A

eg: AC1 30A and AC2 20A - To get to a maximum of 50A

Many thanks in anticipation

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Correct on AC1 and AC2, the total current 50amps max though put for all outputs combined.

It is all explained in the manuals online.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Lyndsay Cotton avatar image Lyndsay Cotton Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob,

Thankyou

Do you have an answer on Question one for me

This is the one that has me stumped

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As long as AC OUT 2 is active it is the same as AC OUT 1.
It will supplied from PV and from the Battery.
This should be the answer for both questions.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende commented ·

Hmmm ..... i think this is only the case for PN PMP482505010 -> if the opener has a PMP482505000 the AC-Out2 is directly connected to AC-IN without an relais.

See the diagrams here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Meine_Energiewende commented ·

At the very first MP-II the AC OUT 2 was hard-wired to the AC IN thats correct.
But if you buy a new unit today you should get one with programmable AC OUT 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
kalito avatar image kalito commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE I then have a question. Under ESS then AC2 can not be allowed to allow Grid (when AC1 grid supply is limited)? If at night I want to power a geyser but I am in ESS with self consumption prioritisation is it possible for the Multi to allow Grid through to AC2 and not AC1?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lyndsay Cotton answered ·

Thankyou so much !!!

Where can I find this in the online data for my client files.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It is in the appendix of the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lyndsay Cotton answered ·

A follow up question then on AC2

I initially understood that AC2 will not be supplied by the battery

The batteries installed are Pylontech US3000 (currently only 1). Long term plan is 4 or more (as per the technical document showing the relationship between Victron and Pylontech)

My client has not purchased a sufficient quantity battery "depth" to cater for both AC1 and AC2 loads.

My intention was to limit loads on AC1 until additional batteries could be added. As per your explanation - AC2 will also draw from the battery.

Is it possible to LIMIT the load (through the ESS) placed on the battery on AC2, or alternatively set that NO load from the battery is placed on AC2.

I can see from the schematic that you posted that this is not possible from a "mechanical" perspective

OR

Must I bypass the Multiplus entirely until more storage capacity is added

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

As long as the grid is available AC OUT 2 will be supplied the same way as AC OUT 1.

With the default settings AC OUT 2 will be deactivated if the grid is disconnected.

In the ESS settings of the GX device you can limit the inverter power to not overload the battery, but this limit is only active as long as the grid is available.
Also the battery itself should limit its output power and as long as the grid is available consumptions over this limit are automatically supplied from the grid.
If the grid is disconnected the battery can deliver more power for a short time and then will shut down.

0 Likes 0 ·