question

stigandresen avatar image
stigandresen asked

Connect and activate REC Q BMS to Easysolar 2 GX

Hi

As in topic, I have connected the Can cable from REC to VE-Can, have enabled Can-bus BMS, DVCC, SVS and STS.

I cant find anywhere in the Victron software that it sees or tries to connect with the BMS.

Problem 2 is that I cant connect to the REC Q over rs485, have tried their included cable and also with a moxa cable with no luck.

Have tried many different settings on the COM port, but nothing bites. If anyone got some inputs there aswell i would be deeply thankful.

Regards, Stig

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
stigandresen answered ·

Hi Markus

Got it going yesterday. Changed the packet size to 500kB/s and it all played along nicely.

I had forgot to change the adress to the REC before sending the message from REC Master program, its default to 100, i had to use 1.

Now the whole system is controlled from the REC.

Next is to change the voltage-to-current coefficient, it seems a bit off due to i have a 500/50 shunt, if anyone know the correct coefficient i would be grateful.

Regards, Stig

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the update.

Best Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

I have tried to connect a REC BMS to a MP2GX yesterday and had no success.

The VE.CAN port on the MP2GX can only be set to 500kB/s, that should be good regarding to REC BMS manual, but it did not work to connect the BMS.

Then I tried to connect the REC BMS to a CerboGX, where you can set the VE.CAN port to 250kB/s and the REC BMS immediately showed up in the CerboGX device list.

I also had no luck, connecting the BMS to the BMS.CAN port of the CerboGX, where you can set 500kBit/s only.

So my conclusion is, that the REC BMS has to be set to 500kB/s, I have now searched the manual more accurately and found this:

I will have a chance to try that sometime next week, I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Markus

1602315144834.png (198.3 KiB)
2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Regarding your RS485 communication problem, this was just plug and play in my case, you could call REC d.o.o for further assistance:

phone: +386 (0)5 620 2447
e-mail: info@rec-bms.com
web site: www.rec-bms.com

2 |3000

stigandresen answered ·

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I did get the rs485 link to work, what I did to fix it I do not know, it just suddenly worked...

But, I think I am in the same mess as you, regarding Bitrate on the 500kB/S issue. My only available choice in Victron GX 2 is 500kB/s and the REC does not show up anywhere.

I have tried to send CANF comand, but i only get a fault in return, so i do not think i get the REC to listen.

Hope you have more luck, I will continue try to get the REC over on 500kB/s.

Regards, Stig

2 |3000

stigandresen answered ·

Found it, correct command to send if you use a 500/50 shunt is: IOJA 0.01953125

Regards, Stig

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic