question

p-rhodan avatar image
p-rhodan asked

Bug in Beta Firmware V1.53 for MPPT 100/50?

Hi,

Just got a firmware update for the SmartSolar MPP 100/50 via the VictronConnect iOS Beta App. Now I have the V1.53 in use.

Got a high voltage alarm immediately. The solar charge controller went to a charge voltage of 15.21V for a few seconds!

Absorption voltage is set to 14,7V.

Also 14.05V is now used for floating, although 13.8V is defined in the battery type.

It is an AGM Spiral battery selected as type.

This can be repeated at any time by deactivating the charging function in the settings and activating it again after a short time.

After about 20-30 seconds the battery starts charging in bulk mode and the charge voltage is increased to over 15.2V for a short time. At about 14.9V the battery switches to absorption mode and then to floating with 14.05V.

With firmware V1.52 and older I did not have this behavior.

MPPT SmartSolarfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @p-rhodan, thanks for the report - we’ll look into it. And contact you in case of any questions. For any co-readers, this new MPPT version is only available as part of the VictronConnect beta test program - no need to worry for any installs. Ps. I’ll move this post to modifications

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

p-rhodan avatar image
p-rhodan answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) For your information, after updating to firmware Version 1.54 the issue still exist.

For my AGM battery I use the following settings to get the following Voltage:

Setting in MPPT / measured voltage with SmartShunt

Absorption: 14,4V / Measured: 14,7V

Float: 13,5V / Measured: 13,8V

With V 1.52 I had not this difference.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic