question

Marco avatar image
Marco asked

Update on Connecting Multiple Victron SmartSolar MPPT to one Battery Bank ?

Any update on the capability to synchronize multiple Victron MPPT to charge one battery bank ?
Previous post https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/23720/connecting-multiple-victron-smartsolar-mppt-to-one.html
mentioned that in July of 2019 feature was tested.
Is the feature available now ?
And how to do it ?
Is anything required or only software settings ?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I have three MPPT's on one battery bank in my production system. These are under ESS control.

I have a development system with two MPPT's on one battery bank. In a VE.Smart network, the MPPT's work well together.
For example, they switch to Absorb at the same time and the combined PV power from both controllers "Network Total Power" is visible in the app when looking at either of the MPPT's status page in VictronConnect.
These controllers are running v1.50 firmware..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr answered ·

I'm also interested in this, as I am configuring only 1 battery bank of 4 pylontech 2,4kWh with 2 MPPT's

2 |3000

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr answered ·

can someone share if you have installed 2 mppt's with 1 battery bank?

2 |3000