question

john2019 avatar image
john2019 asked

To Victron Staff for Inveter Fault current rating

Hi, Guy

That will become a trend in Australia that all utility projects require short circuit current rating to make sure user breaker able to trip within 0.4s in fault condition. I understand victron doesnot have this figure. Just wonder you can suggest victron sets up some testing and written this in Quattro datasheet. The same as MTBF.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john2019 avatar image john2019 commented ·

By the way. We can not use max power and tutorial to prove that. Some test need to be done.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @John2019,

As there are no published specific documents that I know of that have these figures*, the best way to get that work done is to contact your Victron Distributor, or Victron Sales manager for your area.

I have seen similar unpublished technical specification information (e.g. internal inverter resistance) made available to customers in the past, when it was required for a specific large job or tender, by request to a sales manager.

It's also generally the case for those kinds of jobs that this will not be the only support you will need from Victron, so it's a good idea to open that line of communication.

The Victron sales managers are the best and maybe only avenue to get the work done to get that info. Note that if you do not have a direct account with Victron already, then you may be first referred to a Victron distributor (who would be supplying the equipment), they could also assist.

* I know one reference to a short circuit rating, and posted it in reply to this previous question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.