question

millennial-falcon avatar image
millennial-falcon asked

BMV-712 History not recording

I've searched and haven't found an answer, but it seems others have had issues with the History recording on the BMV-712. None of their solutions on the forums fixed my issue.

I've had a BMV-712 installed in my Solar/Lithium bank for the last two years. It works great, except I'm not able to see any trend history or graphs unless the iPhone or computer app is actively on and monitoring the BMV-712. It has never been able to save any onboard history or data, the graphs reset each time I close the app. Is this normal?

All readings are good and work as long as the app is connected, but closing out the app and re-opening it resets all the graphs/trend information. The status and deepest discharge information remains... but the trend features all reset and the graphs are useless if they are only useable to show instantaneous information while connected to the app.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

Normal operation for all the victron products. Trends is only while the app is running, all data is held on the user device not the victron unit.

The solar products give more history data then the BMV but the trends page is the same deal.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.