question

hankhatch avatar image
hankhatch asked

Low temperature cutoff not working

I have attached a temperature sensing cable to my BMV712 and it is reading the temperature off the battery. I have connected my mppt 100/30 through networking to the bmv and the controller is receiving the temperature. The controller is set to rotary switch 7 for my LifePo batteries and the low temperature cut-off is greyed disabled but showing 5c as the documentation says. However it is NOT stopping charging as I have tested this down to 3c. This is a VERY important feature for me as I live in the mountains of Colorado and we get cold. It is NOT working. Please advise.

smart solar set-up help
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What firmware versions are you running?
I have set up just as you have, set rotary switch to position 7, temperature greyed out, but my MPPT stops charging when temperature goes below 5°C.
Only difference is thay I have 150/35, but that shouldn't change this operation.

My firmware versions are: MPPT v1.50
BMV-712 v4.03

I have also tried getting temperature from a Smart Battery Sense v1.5 and this also stops the charging when below 5°C.

0 Likes 0 ·
wanek avatar image wanek commented ·

hello!

did you manage to solve the problem? i have a similar issue, but with mppt + smart battery sense. the mppt receives the temperature data, the cut off is enabled and set to 5c, i cooled it down to 3c but it is still charging :(

anybody please can look into this problem?

thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
fpoet avatar image fpoet wanek commented ·

I am having the same issue. MPPT 100/50 and Smart Battery Sense networked. Low Temp cutoff set àa 5 Celsius, but the MPPT keeps sending current to the battery... I specifically got the Smart Battery Sense for this feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic