question

Joka GIMENEZ avatar image
Joka GIMENEZ asked

Bluesolar 75/15 stuck in bulk mode?

Hi all!

My bluesolar mppt controller appears to be stuck in bulk mode.

Symptoms are a very high output (up to 16V+ at an input of 32V) and the blade fuses inside the mppt and on my output see their plastic melting, even the output fuse holder melted (without tripping, the metal stays intact, only the plastic melts).

LED keeps flashing as in bulk mode. Luckily my batteries are acid lead.

16v seems high, even if "equalisation" was set for everyday...

I know the first thing you will say is "dongle" but I'm stuck in Fiji and Covid doesn't help with Int shipping, so I can't order one...

I thought it might be stuck in 24V, so I disconnected everything, waited hours, then connected the battery first, waited, then the panels. No change.

I then read something about voltage drop, so I cleaned all connections. Not better.

Would anyone have any suggestions about what the problem could be? I am not the first one to face this issue, is there any reported hardware or software failures on this model or am I doing something wrong?

Is there a manual way to hard reset the unit without dongle?

Any advice welcome!

Setup : 6x 80w 18v panels, plugged as 3x 4.5A 36V in parallel. Bluesolar 75/15 mppt. 2x 12v 70AH acid lead batteries in parallel, connected in parallel (on a switch) with 2x 12v 50AH on a long cable run but very thick gauge.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers