question

mikejoejones avatar image
mikejoejones asked

Solar Watts low

Plugged in solar panels and have some confusion about the readings on my Victron mppt100/30 smart solar charge controller. Im using the victron connect app. When I turn system on ,CC starts in Bulk with high Solar watt readings over 200 as expected. But the solar watts and Amps go down then CC switches to Absorption and solar Watts continue to decrease and settle around 2Watts. The solar watts increase to 15Watts with inverter on and solar watts continue to increase with more load. Is this normal operation, or do I have something mis wired? Does the Solar watt number refer to the watts allowed to pass through CC to Battery? Thanks

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Mikejoejones

If you have programmed your battery specs in then all should be fine. It did work in the beginning and there are no error codes.

The mppt is a demand based production. so if your battery is charged and you are not doing anything with the system then the mppt will produce nothing.

If you are unsure then you can check it by running the system a bit more or drawing your battery down with a load. If it is still not right then check panel polarity.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers