question

woodburn avatar image
woodburn asked

BMV-712 not detecting both Battleborn Batteries

My BMV-712 is set to 200ah of batteries. I have used all the recommendations for the settings from this community, Victron, and Battleborn. At night when we are only on battery power it will show for example, 14ah used and 86% energy left. That says to me it is only using 100ah.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Should I reset the battery monitor?

Or reset the BMS?

Please help

BMV Battery MonitorLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

I agree it seems to still be assuming 100 ah as your total. Once you have the batteries to 100% charge, synchronize the 712 be selecting “Sync Now” in the Connect app. Double (triple, quadruple) check that the settings show 200 AH and the right battery type. If it is at 200ah but set for lead acid batteries, 14ah leaves 86% of the available 100 ah (to the 50% safe lead acid limit). No sure if that is calculated that way or not!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

woodburn avatar image woodburn commented ·

Thanks for your response. Yes, I definitely need to sync when I get fully charged. This is probably my issue. Discharge floor is 0. I have also changed the settings to the recommendation of Battleborn when I was on the phone with them. Great advice.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Woodburn

What is your Discharge Floor set to? If it's 50%, then it will use half of your set capacity to show what you have left..

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@JohnC Sure? As far as I know the discharge floor only changes the "time to go".
So with 200Ah of battery you should have 100Ah consumed at 50%SOC not matter what the discharge floor is set to.

I just checked it at system of a customer.
160Ah battery capacity and 20% discharge floor.
Currently the SmartShunt shows 78% , 37.5Ah consumed and 2T0h to go (-46W).

And changing the discharge floor don't change the consumed Ah or the SOC %, only the time to go.

1 Like 1 ·
woodburn avatar image woodburn commented ·

Thanks for your response. Discharge floor is set to 0. It was set to 50% when I originally set it up. I will sync them as soon as I get a full charge.

0 Likes 0 ·