question

johannes-cronje avatar image
johannes-cronje asked

Temperature Alarm in 15kVA Quattros going off with 10 kW load

HI I have 3 x 48/15000 Quattro units 3 Phase connected wit Solar MD lithium Batteries 50Kwh capacity. Busy testing the system .

The Temperature Alarm keeps on coming up when we pull loads of at least 10Kw per phase . The temp coming out of the units does not feel excessive as well we have a Air-conditioning system in the room . I try to establish at which temperature the Quattro triggers as this is of major concern now , and I do not have any of these issues on other units running definitely at higher temperatures.

Will appreciate assistance in this regard

Regards

temperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Gerrit avatar image
Gerrit answered ·

Hi Johannes

Please email me so that i can request further support from the equipment suppliers. gtromp@victronenergy.com

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje commented ·

HI Gerrit.

Appreciate the feedback, Apologies for only reverting back now . I did some serious investigation and came up on a few issues that can cause all the indicated faults . I also now have a better idea on the system and the installed loads that was causing he main problem . It seems that we got it for now under control and are busy implementing some load control . I will revert back to you if there are any issues .

Regards

Johannes

0 Likes 0 ·
hendrikh avatar image
hendrikh answered ·

Hi Johannes,

I am curious on what you find that cause the temperature problem, if you don`t mind sharing your solution with me.

1 comment
2 |3000

johannes-cronje avatar image johannes-cronje commented ·

Hi , the major issue was loads and that we were running the inverters at max output, constantly. Running the inverts at Max output also brings in other challenges as running at high loads the losses in the system is also higher . . We have a enclosed room with a airconditioning unit , but it seems we could net get the cool air properly circulated . In the mean time we have got into some load reduction which as eleviated us of a lot of issues currently. But seems not to have any direct issues with the equipment. Regards

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic