question

aizen avatar image
aizen asked

Venus Os for Raspberry pi 3B+

Hi guys, been out of touch with the above....been busy with the pandemic ( Doctor by profession)

Am currently on Venus OS 2.51 on my Pi working very well...I understand the os is at 2.6....am uneasy about updating the os due to the script required to make everything work. Is there an updated os with built-in scripts....have Raspberry pi 3B plus with original raspberry pi display.

Thanks for your feedback guys

Raspberry Pi
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thank you for your service.

0 Likes 0 ·
aizen avatar image aizen Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

You are welcome, sir

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh answered ·

Aizen

I don't know of any pre scripted Venus OS builds for Raspberry Pi Display but The upgrade to 2.60 went very easily. The Original 7" Raspberry pi touch display should work out of the box - I suspect you might just have to tweak the /etc/venus/headless file but nothing much more than that. The display drivers and dimming all seem to work straight away, id did not even have to recalibrate the touch screen.

If you have implemented other mods (such as bus-adc then you need to do that) I have written this on my experience:-

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/61933/whats-happening-with-venus-260-what-did-my-system.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

No there is no OS with built in script file you have to add it your self and make sure you have all your files loaded into the data file first, before doing etc. rc.local file goes in the data folder.

I have it fully automated now for updates, only thing to do is the screen calibration when asked by raspi to do.

If wanting more information on how this done i will send and advise.

rc.local

Regards
Rob D

NZ

2 comments
2 |3000

aizen avatar image aizen commented ·

This for feedback....kindly send me more info regarding the above. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie aizen commented ·

Hi

OK i tried to up load the files to drop box but some of the files it refused to take them?

So i need to find a file transfer i send to you some how.

Once this script file is loaded into the data folder an all other files are loaded into the data folder it never loses them so when updates come along there no major changes to do etc. as all the settings are keeped and not lost etc.

Only a screen calibration is needed or required.

0 Likes 0 ·