question

mark-allen avatar image
mark-allen asked

SmartSolar 75/15 no load output

Hi,

I have SmartSolar 75/15, 115w BlueSolar panel, and 130Ah LifePO4. The purpose is to run a 12VDC 24W pond pump and 1.5W LED pond light continuously 24/7.

When there is no load connected, and set to Always On in the App, the VictronConnect app says the load state is on, but when I connect the load it Immediately switches to off. I have also tried connecting directly to the battery just by holding the wires to the terminals and the load wires heat up and still won’t run. If I run the pump and light through the supplied transformer they work as expected.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance.

MPPT Controllers
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Can you make some pictures of the transformer?

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-allen avatar image mark-allen Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

My mistake Matthias. For some reason I thought the connected load was 12VDC, but just realised they’re 12VAC.

Looks like the now need an inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mark-allen commented ·

That was exactly my thought and I asked for a picture of the transformer. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

A 24 watt device should only be able to draw 2 amps! If that is enough to warm up your load wires then they are either ridiculously fine (like telephone wires) or much more than 2 amps is being drawn!

Sounds like your MPPT is detecting a short and disconnecting it automatically?

Have you tried running the two loads separately to see if one is not behaving as expected? Maybe the pump or LEDs are expecting AC and shorting out under DC?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.