question

jeibre avatar image
jeibre asked

Hi, Will my Multiplus 48/5000 handle 2x14 PV-panels (total 7000W). They are controlled by 2 solar controllers (BL-SML4860) which each can handle 3200W.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

Hi

I take it the solar charge controllers will be dc coupled as In connected straight to the battery’s ?

If this is the case it will have me bearing affective on the multiplus

The multi will just be the user of the energy the battery’s have available which have be charged by the pv and solar charge controllers.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeibre avatar image jeibre mikeb commented ·

Thank you :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

if I google for 'BL-SML4860' I find a DC solar charge controller, that's good, nothing to do with the capability's of the MultiPlus. (if your batteries can handle it)

If it would be 2x AC solar inverters, two on the output is too much, but you could wire one to the input side of the MultiPlus and one on the output.

(these questions are hard to answer with this little information)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeibre avatar image
jeibre answered ·

Yes, they are DC Controllers. Connected directly to a Topband Lithium battery (48V/300ah) trough the Multiplus.

2 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I assume the Controllers are controlled by the BMS of this Topband batteries?

0 Likes 0 ·
jeibre avatar image jeibre boekel ♦ commented ·

I do not think they comunicate very well if at all. The controllers and the battery are only connected at the Multiplus battery conjunctions. With full battery, sometimes the BMS shut down the battery due to high voltage (65,4 V) at daylight. Regardless if the system is of or on grid. Should it be another connection between battery and controllers?

0 Likes 0 ·