question

alexysds avatar image
alexysds asked

Generator feeding appliances but not charging batteries.

Hello everyone. I have an installation with a Quattro 48/8000, two Solar Chargers MPPT 150/60, a Colour Control CCGX and a BMV-700. One of the Solar Chargers is a Blue Solar and the other is a Smart Solar. I don't think this is very important, but just in case.

I also have a Hiunday generator 6kva, that didn't give me any trouble in the last two years. When it started it would feed the appliances from the house and charge batteries. It usually never starts, as I have very little energy consumption in the house. Only in case of heavy rains I need it to avoid water level getting in the basement.

I've been doing some starts on the last week so that the genny would run a little bit and be prepared for the winter, and I see now that when started it feeds the appliances but does not charge the batteries. I've tried it with batteries at 97%, 95%, 89%. Also tried it during the day with photovoltaic energy coming in and in the evening with no pv energy.

I've also gone into VE Config settings and didn't see any changes.

The only two changes that happened in the last months is that we added to the system the BVM-700. And also, one of the Blue Solar chargers stoped working and we had to change it for the Smart Solar.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some ideas of what can be wrong.

I put here a small image from the CCGX so that you can see:

Thank you!

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers