question

ejm avatar image
ejm asked

charging in freezing weather

I have the Quattro 48/5000 charging lithium battery (Chevy volt module) My concern is I was reading that you can not charge these batteries when it is freezing. I will shut the system down in the winter months, but we do go there one weekend in the winter. When I turn the system on does the Quattro know not to charge the battery bank till the cabin heats up? I was seeing some system has that feature. I was thinking of just shutting the breaker at the panels to the cabin warms up, but if I forget I wanted to have a back up to protect the batteries if the Quattro doesn't offer that feature, Please let me know if it has it or if you have anything i could add to the system to protect in from charging in freezing conditions

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The BMS of the battery should do that.
If the battery don't have any BMS I wouldn't use it.

You can install some kind of temperature switch(at the battery), connect it to an AUX input of the Quattro and program a assistant to disable the charger as long as there is a signal from the temperature switch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejm avatar image
ejm answered ·

For the BMS I have Chargery BMS16T. Any idea if this would work?

2 |3000