question

thomas-milko avatar image
thomas-milko asked

Help Needed: BMV 712 jumps to 100% battery charged 2-3minutes after motorhome engine is started

My solar system has worked very well for the last 2+ years, I never need to use shore power while traveling. But as of last week, something new came and I cannot find the solution. 1-2 minutes after I start the car engine, Victron BMV 712 jumps to 100% battery charged. Which is not true, of course. I only now it's full when it's not charging (and checked at the Votronic "Full Charge Green Led").
I tried the Synchronize to 100% after the battery was full, via the APP. I unplugged the cable from the BMV and connected again. Checked all cables on the Super B Battery. No success for this problem. The system is working, but I do not know how much battery I have after the motor is used.

My installation:
- BMV 712
- SuperB 160Ah
- Votronic VBCS 60/45/430
- Inverter + 4 solar panels (total of 370W)

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, thats a few settings that ca

check your synchronisation parameters. There is a video on youtube that explains the synchronisation in details (and a chapter in the manual)

success!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sten avatar image
Sten answered ·

When you have startet the Engine, chech if the voltage and current that is going to the battery. It could be the suberb battery has disconectet.

If voltage is over the charged voltage and no current going to the battery, the BMV will syncronise.

2 |3000