question

Robert Biviano avatar image
Robert Biviano asked

Inverter Restart after Low battery shutdown

Hi , i had a Multiplus 48/5000 with very recent firmware shut down i.e. stop inverting ( according to inverter panel on low battery volts. I had expected the inverter to restart automatically once the batteries had recovered to the recovery voltage ( which they did via DC coupled solar).

Is auto restart under these conditions not a feature of these inverters ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Under normal circumstances the Multi will restart automatically. But if the voltage drops again after the restart within a few minutes it will shut down again. After the third automatic shut down and restart the Multi will not turn on again and have to be reset manually.

This is to stop this on-off cycling process from just totally draining the battery.

I think in your case the shut down voltage and the restart voltage are to close to each other. The battery should be charged up further to a higher voltage before it attempts to restart. Then there will be longer before it shuts down again.

cleanshot-2021-03-25-at-155649.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cabinlife4me avatar image cabinlife4me commented ·

Hi there Matthias,

I have a Phoenix Inverter at the moment and it has been behaving in roughly the same way. The issue is that my cabin is totally off grid and when it doesn't reset automatically, it may be a couple of weeks before I'm up there again to do a manual reset and during that time I'm totally flying blind (no internet, access to my color control etc).

I was going to upgrade to the Multiplus, but it seems like it behaves the same way which doesn't really give me a compelling reason to upgrade.

Is there any way around this issue? Ability to tune the cutoff parameters, stopping the need for a manual reset etc?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Biviano avatar image
Robert Biviano answered ·

Thanks Matthias, good to understand the way it operates,

2 |3000