question

panmanjon avatar image
panmanjon asked

node-red - inject a command on VE.DIRECT serial link

I am having some problems using the node-red inject node to turn my Blue Solar mppt 150/70 -tr to turn it on and off - worked fine with can bus and mod bus through the venus gx but am trying to control direct from the raspberry pi node-red flow. My problem is getting the correct msg payload message to inject up the serial link - From the VE.DIRECT Protocol Blue and smart solar MPPT Chargers document (quite difficult for me to understand) I can see that register 0x0202 bit 1 needs to be set to 1 and register 0x0200 needs to be 4 for off and 1 for on - I just need to know the payload type and exact messages please - many thanks in advance

Node-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @panmanjon, I have moved this question to the "Modifications" space of the Community so it has a better chance of being seen by other users with Node Red/modifications experience.

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
panmanjon avatar image
panmanjon answered ·

OK - I have finally worked out the required string for a node-red inject command to turn the solar charger off it is ["0x3A","0x38","0x30","0x30","0x30","0x32","0x30","0x30","0x30",["0x34","0x34","0x37","0x0A"]

I am still lost in how to turn it on - according to the spec it needs a mask on register 202 to enable remote control and then I think an on command to register 200

I really need a bit of help with this -thanks in advance

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jochenv avatar image
jochenv answered ·

hi,

i am having a problem getting my head around the data structure for the inject payload. I am trying to control the charge mode and rate of my mppt charger. could you perhaps publish your flow so that I can try to modify it, based on a known working example? I am a bit lost, thanks in advance.

2 |3000