question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

Isolation Transformer and Multi 12/3000/120

Hi, I've been using the 2000W Isolation Transformer and Multiplus for about a year and just recently there has been some issues.

Now if we use shore power via the Isolation Transformer it is disconnected from the Multi with any medium to high loads. It then reconnects and the Multi is in assisting mode. It used to just go straight to assisting, so not sure what's happened here. If I bypass the Isolation Transformer it works as it did before.

HELP!

Michael

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerIsolation Tranformer
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Just to add the Isolation transformer doesn't seem to turn off. It's the Multi that is disconnecting from it making me think it's not happy with the output from it.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Without additional details, this is just a guess: If the voltage into your system is low at times and/or there is voltage drop through the transformer, the Multi may be rejecting the incoming AC until it supplies the load allowing incoming AC voltage to rise.

You may need to adjust the tap on the isolation transformer (if there is one) or add a boost system to get the voltage above the dropout threshold for the inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.