question

tfmkevin avatar image
tfmkevin asked

Fallback for Parallel Quattros when one fails?

We have 2 Quattros in parallel on a boat. I understand that if one Quattro fails, the entire system will shut down. Is there a reasonable (manual) way to take the failed Quattro offline and bring the system back up on one inverter?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pracman avatar image
pracman answered ·

Interesting questions. We have to connect and split the system then leave one off I assume. One on without master or slave does not work or change them to single operation. Other issue may be the capacity you used at your site. I could run on one most of the time. I need the capacity of two enough of the time to make one a challenge. If you ran 3 each on a single phase it might meet your objective.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have to disconnect the communication wires from the defective unit (I would also disconnect the AC and DC wires) and than connect a laptop to the working unit and reset it to stand alone mode.

2 |3000