question

honekath avatar image
honekath asked

Could you please display negative values for critical loads as well?

1. Could you please display negative values for critical loads as well? I have connected micro inverter to this output. I can only see the production on the parameter page. The dashboard shows just zero if the production is higher than the consumption.
  2. Any other chance to see production of micro inverters which have no network connection? Thanks!
dashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @honekath,

The supported way to do this is by adding an Energy Meter (e.g. the ET112) between the AC PV and your Critical Load.

Then it will display correctly on the overview -

ac-out.jpg (293.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

honekath avatar image honekath commented ·

Thanks, but the Energy Meter is asking almost the same price as the EnverBrige. Could the System also talk to the EnverBrige EVB202 via network? Is that Envertech system being supported?

0 Likes 0 ·
jestron avatar image jestron commented ·
Hi, Guy Stewart, while your answer may pose a fine solution, it does not apply when module inverters appear on the same line as loads. More than that: the graph on the advanced screen does show negative values for periods when the dashboard pretends "0W". I would prefer a negative "load" on the dashboard whenever production surpasses consumption.
0 Likes 0 ·
honekath avatar image
honekath answered ·

What control cable is needed to connect this second Energy Meter? And how do I need to do the configuration so it’s showing the inverter Power as in your example?

Thanks!

2 |3000

jbrex avatar image
jbrex answered ·

Would a singe-phase sensor e.g. https://www.victronenergy.de/accessories/ac-current-sensor also do the job?

Is there some wiring info - best praxis? I´ve got an ESS running with some MPPTs, Pylontech and Multiplus 2 48/5000 all via 3 phase EM24.

Critical loads-Output just drives my "old" AC-coupled PV-System - and it would be great to see the charging not only in "Advanced Dashbord - AC Output Power" dash but also in GX-control Overview...

2 |3000

matthiask avatar image
matthiask answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I've just installed my battery system a few days ago and having the same request.

Isn't it possible to just present negative loads in the overview as well?
I have a 600W PV system on my garage (with mini inverter) and buying an Energy meter is too expensive for this "nice to have" feature.

Since the values are already available in the system (as presented in the AC-out graphs) it's really a minor thing, isn't it?

If other's don't like to see negative loads I'd suggest to use the "show details" / "hide details" option to show / hide negative values.

Thanks

Matthias

2 |3000

matthiask avatar image
matthiask answered ·

Hi again,

I just found following sensor which is quite inexpensive and more reasonable for this purpose.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/current-transformer-for-multiplus-ii

Would two of these sensors be able to measure and present the PV power of my two PV Inverters and get it represented properly in VRM?

My installation below: (the current sensors are to be added - if possible)

screenshot-2021-04-26-135643.jpg

More specific questions:

Is this sensor supported on an AUX port (cutting off the connector and connecting the wires into the AUX 1)?

Thanks in advance for every hint to get the monitoring implemented in a better way than it currently is.

Matthias

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic