question

cbouch avatar image
cbouch asked

BMV-700 voltage

Just finished installing victron Bmw 700 on my battery bank. 6 -6 volt batteries producing 12 volts with 660 amph. My problem is that I am getting no data except it shows 12.3 volts and 100% charged. I believe that my real volts is around 12.8. Also there is no amp being used. Sure I did something wrong but can’t figure it out. The shunt is connected to the negative post on battery where the ground was. Ground now on load side of shunt along with inverter ground Hopefully someone can help.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Maybe some pictures of the installation/the BMV screen and/or a wiring diagram help to sort this out.

You "believe" your battery voltage is higher, can you check this with a multi meter?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cbouch avatar image
cbouch answered ·

I have done a little more investigation and rework. Confirmed that negative is connected to battery side of shunt and all others are on load side. Moved the smaller supplied red wire to the beginning of the battery bank at the same spot as the charge in wire comes in. I now have correct voltage being shown On the monitor which is about 14 volts. I verified this with a volt meter and get the same readings. When lights are on the voltage will drop and the charger will come on. Problem I get no other data other than state of charge. I see no amps coming in or going out. No other data. I reset to factory settings and all the data points should be turned on. Can someone help. Thanks cliff and

2 |3000