question

dirtjackson avatar image
dirtjackson asked

BMV 712 State of Charge Disappeared !

Hey Victron community,

Thanks to everyone's help on here, I have had my system up and running for a few weeks while on the road.

After waking up this morning, our smart BMV-712 app started showing the state of charge as "--" and the time remaining as "nanm". Both of these were previously working correctly, and I can't figure out what's going on.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BMV Battery Monitor
bmv.jpeg (101.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

First thing that comes to mind is that the BMV lost power. When it loses power it can't be sure of the SOC because it was not tracking during loss of power. You need to fully charge the battery and the manual sync. if it does not do it automatically.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mihai-malaimare-jr avatar image
mihai-malaimare-jr answered ·

this happened to me as well after a recent update.

2 |3000

Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

Once the batteries complete a charge cycle, the state of charge will start to show again. This happens when the BMV or smart shunt is power cycled. There is now a setting that will remember the last SOC before the power cycle and give that reading again when power is restored.

2 |3000