question

thtruck avatar image
thtruck asked

Feature Request - Program ESS feed-in like the scheduled charge program

@mvader (Victron Energy) and others.

I use ESS and everything works well but i have a need ESS doesnt seem to provide.

What i want is a scheduled feedin program so that i can use my batterypower at night to turn back my electricitymeter at a time when i want it.

It has got to do with night/day tarifs in the Netherlands but also use of the batterypower inside the house.

In the daytime i want the normal full feed in of excess solarpower as well. Then when there ain't solar anymore, feed in must stop until the feedin program kicks in and stops at a certain time or after so much hours. Preferably the first option and i dont understand why the charge schedule isnt set up that way in the first place. Imo much better because then you can really set it up as a timer and not as a countdown. More control.

Furthermore i would like to control the wattage at night. So in the daytime full exces feed in but in the night the wattage i want to pull out of my batteries.

Maybe you can implement this in a future beta? Thanks in advance.

Greetz.

ESSfeature request
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fredn avatar image fredn commented ·

This is exactly what I need to "set and forget" in ESS.

I want to be able to schedule the feed in excess solar just like the grid charging schedule.

3 Likes 3 ·
2 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) as above a switch that allows you to feed in 100% solar and ignore charging the battery and automatically revert to the schedule charging at night. I thought I was the only one that wanted this lol

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

You can certainly control charging current with Node Red, not sure about grid setpoint. If so that would be the way to do it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.