question

Isaac Shannos avatar image
Isaac Shannos asked

Firmware matching for Parallel and three phase VE.Bus systems

"All units in one system must be the same type and firmware version, this includes same size, system voltage, and feature set. The type is indicated by the first four digits of the firmware version number."

Regarding this statement, how often do the first four digits change ?

Assuming the first four digits are related to manufacturing date.. Depending on supply and demand for that product it could be 6 months or 12 months before a different "hard" firmware of the one product is distributed.

I only ask because I am designing a system for a customer who would like to start small and upgrade later. But if he can't parallel the same product because the first four digits don't match then we're in trouble. But if he upgrades with in 6 months it should be okay?

firmware updatemultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Isaac Shannos,

read this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

The first 4 digits are model related as long as a model is being sold and most models are sold for years. You should have no problem upgrading a system in the future.
Purchase a MK3 interface for system settings and firmware upgrade.

Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Isaac Shannos avatar image Isaac Shannos commented ·

Hi Martijn, Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure your answer is accurate as the last project I needed to install three multiplus II 3kva units. The units were purchased at different times, and I ended up with three different firmware versions. The first four digits were different on each model. I had to order three new inverter/chargers to do the job.

0 Likes 0 ·