question

dubzy777 avatar image
dubzy777 asked

Zero feed in not working

Have installed a ESS system with a fronius primo 8.2.1 on the ac-out of a victron quatro 8000 and have disabled feed in as the grid does not permit it. some sunny days when batteries are charged and not much load the house it will export to the grid although the as the photos show fronius zero feed in is active, but when i check vrm and error message shows on PV status but when i check fronius solar web no fault is active.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSFronius
jeff4.png (1.9 KiB)
jeff1.png (27.3 KiB)
jeff2.png (19.8 KiB)
jeff3.png (5.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

On the Fronius data manager has it been set to accept throttling from the GX?

Modbus tcp enabled on the gx?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/configuration.html#UUID-634c2829-76e8-4e0a-522b-32bbe2cd1c92

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Is the Fronius using "sunspec" as communication protocoll ? If it is using "solarapi" zero feedin will not work ? -> solarapi is read only.

The appropriate settings on the fronius side has been done ?

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael-yasay avatar image
michael-yasay answered ·

We have the same case, even if the settings for the fronius primo has been followed correctly.

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

On the Fronius data manager has it been set to accept throttling from the GX? Modbus tcp enabled on the gx?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/configuration.html#UUID-634c2829-76e8-4e0a-522b-32bbe2cd1c92

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-yasay avatar image michael-yasay Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes, sometimes status of the Primo is "Running (throttled)", and most of the time is "Error". Once it is in "Error" state, it will export to the grid,

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-yasay avatar image michael-yasay michael-yasay commented ·

I have notice one scenario today, if the Fronius Primo was in error code "581" during startup, and no one attended to confirm the error code issue. The Fronius will run into 'Error" state. But once the user confirmed this issue (by pressing the enter button on Fronius). Then the state of the Fronius will be "Running (Throttled)".

Is there a way to ignore this error on the Fronius side?

Error Code - 581 - SPUI is Activated

Description - Setup " Special Purpose Utility- Interactive" (SPUI) is activated.

This is because I have configured AC Coupling between Fronius and Multiplus2.

0 Likes 0 ·