question

easy-rooster avatar image
easy-rooster asked

Minimum starting current for MultiPlus 24/3000/70?

I might want to test and configure my system with a power supply before connecting everything together, just to ensure I've configured all the relays correctly.

As such, I'd like to connect the inverter to a power supply, but I need to know if 5A is enough to start and run the power supply at 20-25 volts?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

Idle draw with no load is well under 5A if you are trying to start the Multiplus with the power supply. You’ll be charging capacitors and such on first start, so you might want to account for that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

easy-rooster avatar image
easy-rooster answered ·

I was not able to get it to start with a power supply at all. Even connecting it to the Tesla battery with small jumper clips didn't work. Seems like there's a peak start load, like you said, charging capacitors likely, or that big breaker in there that clicks might just be too much for it.

2 |3000