question

aowaller avatar image
aowaller asked

712 - Incorrect voltage and amp readings

My battery monitor has started reporting incorrect voltage and amp readings. For the first few weeks the readings for voltage and amps were correctly reported. Then the voltage started to drop and the amp usage was reporting incorrect figures. Currently the voltage display for both the main and aux batteries is between 0.02-0.06V and the amp is reporting a positive flow of between 60-400 amps. This is with all batteries shut off at the main switch. I checked voltage and parasitic draw at the batteries and they appear within normal levels. I have replaced the fuses at the batteries and the RJ12 connectors between the shunt and monitor. Has anyone else seen this happen? I have this installed on a boat with lead acid batteries. Thank you.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
cleanlivin avatar image
cleanlivin answered ·

10-25-2023
I am have the exact same problem.
See attachment. But my problem started with it right out of the box!!!

Has never worked correct and dealer gave you all kinds of idea to run over the last 2 months of trying to get it to charge correctly with both of us not want to believe Victron did NOT correct calibrate when they shipped it to my dealer. Is there any way to change or recalibrate the base voltage values myself to match what is actually in my batteries when at rest and totally disconnected to any other components?

See the attached for how I tested it.

victron-system-test-of-mpii-and-712-10-25-23.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.