question

diaan avatar image
diaan asked

Multiplus GX LCD back light does not dim or go off

Hi,

My new Multiplus 3000 GX's back light does not turn off or dim at all.

Is there a setting I should adjust?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
diaan avatar image
diaan answered ·

Any suggestions?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerace avatar image powerace commented ·

Hi diaan,

I think there is some confusion about your question. The Multiplus unit itself has no display as far as i know. There are a few products to monitor your Multiplus like a CCGX that has a display or like a Cerbo GX or a Venus GX - or even a Raspberry Pi - that can have a display connected.

So if you can't get it fixed as suggested by JohnC you have to give us more specific information about your equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ powerace commented ·

@PowerAce, welcome to the Community! @diaan is referring to the MultiPlus-II GX, which does have a display: https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii%20gx

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @diaan

I'm not familiar with your model, but it should be available in 'Settings' > 'Display & language' > 'Display off time' on the full GX screen. It can be set to 'Never', but a typical default setting would be '1 min'.

3 comments
2 |3000

diaan avatar image diaan commented ·

Thank you for the answer. There is no such setting however.

0 Likes 0 ·
1597923627697.png (31.2 KiB)
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ diaan commented ·

Yeh, seems that model is different from a CCGX in screen functionality. From the manual..

"When the GX Card is on, pushing the button beside the screen will increase the brightness of the backlight. The backlight will dim itself again after 5 minutes."

Sorry I can't help more. :(

0 Likes 0 ·
diaan avatar image diaan JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks. That was the first thing i tried, but it does not work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @diaan, welcome to the Community! In this case, please reach out to the authorized dealer or distributor from whom you purchased your MultiPlus-II GX, as the screen is indeed designed to dim itself under normal operating conditions, and if it is failing to do so then it may require something as simple as a firmware update or possibly require repair; your distributor will be able to provide you with the troubleshooting necessary and, if necessary, arrange for repair or replacement of the unit.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic